WhatsApp Recovery Android: Restore WhatsApp Chat History on Android
WhatsApp now is the most popular instant messaging app out there, with more than 1 billion people using it to send billions of messages and photos per day. Given this volume of use, WhatsApp users may often encounter data loss issues. If you’ve ever deleted important WhatsApp chats and media on Android accidentally, find out solutions here. In this article, we’ll introduce how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android with or without backup.
Part 1. Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android without Backup
To do WhatsApp recovery for Android without backup, you should try third-party recovery software, like Fucosoft Android Data Recovery. With it, you can easily recover deleted WhatsApp chats, as well as text messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music and more from Android devices.
- Step 1. Download and run this Android WhatsApp Recovery on computer. Enable USB debugging on your Android phone and connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- Step 2. Once the phone is connected, select files and click “Next”. Then choose “Standard Mode” or “Advanced Mode” and click “Start” to begin scanning.
- Step 3. After scan, you can preview all recoverable WhatsApp chats and check those you want, then click “Recover” to restore WhatsApp chat history on Android.
Part 2. Restore Android WhatsApp Chat History from Backup
WhatsApp now automatically stores chats from the last 7 days, creating backups every day at 2am and saving it on your Android storage. Also, it allows users to backup chats and media to Google Drive. So if you’ve ended up with mistaken deletion, your chats are recoverable.
Option 1. Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive
If you have backed up WhatsApp messages to Google Drive and need to restore chats from the most recent backup, please check the steps below:
- Uninstall then reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone, and sign into with the same Google account.
- After verifying the same phone number that was used to created the backup, tap on “Restore” from the prompted message.
Option 2. Restore WhatsApp Messages from Auto Backup
If you don’t have any backups in Google Drive, or you wish to restore a local backup which is not the most recent one, please follow the below steps:
- In your Android file manage app, go to “sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases”. (You may see “internal storage” or “main storage” instead of “sdcard” if your data is not stored on the SD card.)
- Rename the backup file you want to restore from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12”.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone, then tap “Restore” when asked.
You May Also Like:
- How to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- [Fixed] Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- iMessage on PC|How to Get/Use iMessage on Windows PC
- iMessage Not Working on Mac, iPhone or iPad? Here’s the Fix
- 2 Ways to Transfer Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to iPhone
- How to Recover & Save Snapchat Photos and Videos on iPhone
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone X/8/7 Plus
- How to Recover Deleted Texts/iMessages on iPhone X/8/7/6s Plus
- HEIC to JPG|How to Convert iOS 11 Photos from HEIC to JPG
- How to Find & Recover Deleted Safari History on iPhone/iPad