Instagram now is the top social media platform for engagement. People love to share photos and videos with friends on Instagram. However, the Instagram video playback may get stuck sometimes. Recently, many users complained that their iPhone or Android devices have issues playing videos on Instagram. The Instagram videos may play for some seconds and then stop, or won’t play at all.
Are you experiencing Instagram video stuck issues? Ready to learn how to fix Instagram videos not playing problem?
In this guide, we will explain why Instagram videos not playing or loading, and introduce 6 feasible ways to fix Instagram videos won’t play issue.
Let’s get stated!
Why Instagram Videos Not Playing/Loading
Before we dive into the simple steps to troubleshoot the issue, let’s first learn some common reasons causing Instagram videos not playing on iPhone or Android.
- Poor Network Connection: You have a slow or unstable Wi-Fi/cellular network connection, then you will face problems to stream Instagram videos.
- Outdated Version of Instagram App: You are still using the older version of Instagram app that has bugs, which may cause Instagram videos not playing issue.
- Corrupt or Invalid Video: The Instagram video you are trying to play is corrupted or deleted by its publisher, then you won’t be able to play it.
- Insufficient Phone Storage: You have low memory storage on your iPhone or Android device, thus the Instagram app won’t be able to store cache and play videos.
- Power Saving Mode: You have activated power saving mode on your device, which will disable all network connections and prevent the Instagram videos from playing.
- Corrupted App Data: Some factors such as malware attack can corrupt the Instagram app data and prevent you from streaming the Instagram videos.
Now that we’ve identified a number of causes for Instagram video stuck issues, let’s jump right to the solution. Below are 6 workable methods that you can use to fix Instagram videos not playing on iPhone/Android:
1. Reset Network Settings
Internet is always important for playing online videos. Usually, the Instagram videos not playing issues can be solved with a stable internet connection. So you can try to reset network settings first to solve this problem on your iPhone or Android. Here is how:
How to Reset Network Settings on iPhone:
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and then enter your passcode to reset.
How to Reset Network Settings on Android:
Tap Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings Reset > Tap RESET SETTINGS, then restart your device and play Instagram videos.
2. Disable Low Power/Power Saving Mode
As mentioned above, power saving or low power mode does not allow your smartphone perform optimally – it will interface with certain app functions on your device. You can disable this feature on your iPhone or Android, and then play Instagram videos smoothly. Follow the steps below:
How to Disable Low Power Mode on iPhone:
Go to Settings > Tap Battery > Tap the toggle to turn off Low Power Mode, then restart your iPhone and re-try playing Instagram videos.
How to Disable Power Saving Mode on Android:
- On Android 6.0 or earlier: Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver and toggle the battery saver button to turn it off.
- On Android 7.0 or higher: Go to Settings > Search for Device Maintenance and tap on it > Tap Battery > Choose Performance Mode, then select High performance and apply it.
3. Update the Instagram App
As with most apps, it is best to use the latest version to avoid issues. Even though the Auto-update option should enable your App is up to date, do well to ensure you regularly update your Instagram app manually for optimal performance. You can update you Instagram on your iPhone or Android following the steps outlined below.
How to Update the Instagram App on iPhone:
Go to App Store > Tap Update at bottom right of the screen > All apps that can be updated will be shown in the list, then find Instagram and tap Update.
How to Update the Instagram App on Android:
Go to Google Play Store > Tap Menu > Locate the Instagram app in Update tab > Choose Update, then open Instagram and try playing videos.
4. Reinstall the Instagram App
If you haven’t enable the low power/power saving mode and update the Instagram app to the latest version, but the Instagram videos still won’t play, try to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Instagram app on your device to fix the issue.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Instagram App on iPhone:
- Go to Home screen > Press and hold the Instagram app > When the App icon starts wiggling, tap on the X mark that appears to delete the app.
- Go to App Store > Tap Search > Tap Get next to Instagram icon to install the app on your iPhone again.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall the Instagram App on Android:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram > Tap on Uninstall.
- Go to Google Play Store > Search for Instagram > Download its latest version and install it again.
5. Disable Autoplay on Instagram
Instagram will pre-load videos and automatically play them as you browser the app. Well, the Autoplay feature has its perks, unfortunately, it has also been observed to cause issues at times when attempting to play Instagram videos. You can disable the Autoplay feature if you are using cellular data. Here is how to do this:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page.
- Tap the three dot icon on the top, then scroll down to Settings.
- Select Cellular Data Use, then tap on Use Less Data to prevent Instagram videos from pre-loading.
Note: The Autoplay function can only be disabled while using cellular data. If you switch to a Wi-Fi network, Instagram will still pre-load videos and automatically play them.
6. Clear Instagram App Cache and Data
All activities that you perform are stored on your smartphone as cache data. When your Instagram data is corrupted, it can lead to issues when you attempt to play videos on your Instagram App. And if there is too much cache data in your Instagram app, the problem can also occur. To fix this, you need to clear cache and data from the Instagram app. Here is how:
How to Clear Instagram App Cache and Data on iPhone:
Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Scroll down to find the Instagram app, tap on it and then tap on Offload App on the next page.
How to Clear Instagram App Cache and Data on Android:
Go to Settings > Open Apps (or Applications) > Select Instagram > Tap to open Storage > Clear Caches and Data, then restart your device and reopen the Instagram app.
7. Restart Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes, it is observed that Instagram videos play on Wi-Fi but not on cellular data and vice versa. If you’re encountering the similar problem, try to restart your Wi-Fi router on your iPhone or Android to prevent the Instagram videos not playing issue. You can simple turn it off, wait for several minutes, and then turn it on again.
Note: If restarting Wi-Fi router not work, you can restore router to factory settings or try a different router.
8: Using Third-party Tool to Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing
We’ve explained the reasons for Instagram videos not playing on your iPhone or Android device, and covered 7 workable ways to get rid of the problem. Follow any of the methods listed above to fix Instagram video stuck issue and continue enjoying Instagram videos as you had. If all the above mentioned solutions fail to work and you still face the Instagram videos won’t play issue, then there are great chances you might have issue with your phone system. Keep reading to learn the ultimate way to fix this problem.
For iPhone: Using Fucosoft iOS System Recovery
Fucosoft iOS System Recovery is designed to fix all kinds of iOS stuck issues and get your iPhone working normally again. Almost all iPhone problems are covered, such as iPhone stuck on Recovery/DFU mode, boot loop, frozen or disabled, iPhone ghost touch, black/white screen of death, etc. It works for all iOS versions and iOS devices, even the latest iOS 14/13 and iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Download and install Fucosoft iOS System Recovery on your computer, launch it and select the “Standard Mode” on the main interface.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and put the device into Recovery/DFU mode by following the instructions on the screen.
- Once your iPhone is in Recovery or DFU mode, click “Download” to download the corresponding firmware for your device.
- When the download process finishes, click “Start Fix” to fix your iPhone. After that, the device will restart and work normally.
For Android: Using iMyFone Fixppo for Android
iMyFone Fixppo for Android is a professional Android OS repair tool to fix your Android device and bring it back to normal. This software can help to fix all system issues on Android like stuck on Download mode, black/white screen, won’t turn on, frozen, touch screen not working, and much more.
- Install and run iMyFone Fixppo for Android on your computer, then click “Start” on the home screen.
- Choose the correct information for your Android phone, then click “Download Firmware” to download and extract the firmware for your device.
- Once the download is complete, confirm the listed information and make sure you have downloaded the right firmware, then click “Start”.
- Connect your Android phone to the computer and put it into Download mode by follow the guide on the screen.
- Once your device is in Download mode, the program will begin fixing all issues with it. After that, your Android phone will restart automatically.
Bonus: Download and Play Instagram Videos Offline
Like YouTube and Facebook, Instagram doesn’t come with a video download feature. So if you want to save Instagram videos for offline playback at anytime and anywhere, you can rely on third-party tool like Fucosoft Video Converter. It is integrated with a powerful video downloader that allows users to download videos from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other 1000+ online sources.
- Download, install and launch Fucosoft Instagram Video Downloader on your computer.
- Copy video URL from Instagram, then back to the program and tap on “Download” at the top of the main interface.
- Click “+Paste URL” and the program will automatically analyze the link. Then choose your target format and desired quality in the popup window.
- Click “Download” to start downloading. After that, you can connect your iPhone/Android device to computer and transfer the downloaded videos to it.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7