It is possible that the person you’ve sent the iMessage to, has not responded because they simply haven’t seen the message. But if it has been days or even weeks since you sent the message and you are yet to hear from them, it is highly likely that they may have blocked you.
The problem is that it is almost impossible to know if someone has blocked your number. In this guide however, we will take a look at some of the signs that may point towards the fact that someone has blocked you on iMessage.
Part 1. What Happened If Someone Blocked You on iMessage?
Like we’ve already seen, it can be very difficult to determine if someone has blocked your number on iMessage. But there are some signs with the major one being that the person will not respond to your messages. Using two devices, we were also able to determine that if the person has blocked you, they will never get notification of messages from your phone number and hence they will not be able to read the message.
Part 2. How to Know If Someone Has Blocked You on iMessage
But since you may not be able to know whether they get the notification or not, the following are some of the signs you can look out for on your side.
1. Check the Color of the iMessage You Sent
The iMessage default color is blue, but it may sometimes be green. If you however send someone an iMessage and you see the green color only, then it is possible that the recipient doesn’t have a data network connection and your message was sent as a regular SMS. Therefore you may be able to get a delivery report of you had enabled the feature. You will also be able to see “Sent as text message” below the messages.
But if you send the message and the color turns green after a few minutes but you don’t get a delivery report, then it is possible that the recipient has blocked you.
2. Check the Sent Status of the iMessage
When you send an iMessage, you will also be able to see the status once the recipient has received the message. If you send the message and it remains blue (Delivered), but never shows “Read”, then it is possible that you may be blocked.
3. Check the Sent Message Status from Mac
You might also be able to tell if someone has blocked you on iMessage using Mac. Send the same message from both he Mac and your iPhone. If your iPhone shows that the message has been delivered, but there is no status on the Mac, then the recipient may have blocked you.
4. Check the Latest iMessage Information
You can also check the iMessage history on your device. Check all the messages that you have sent before and you will see “Delivered” or “Read” as the status on each. If the newest messages you sent that recipient don’t show the status, then the recipient may have blocked you.
5. Give a Call to the Suspected Blocker
Of course the easiest way to find out would be calling the recipient. We recommend that you turn off caller ID, so that the recipient’s device will show “No Caller ID”. Most people will not answer calls without caller ID, but if the call goes through, you will know that you’ve been blocked. To turn off Caller ID, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Phone”.
- Tap “Select My Caller ID” and the toggle the switch next to it to turn it off.
Not all carriers support disabling the caller ID, so make sure that you check with your carrier if you are unable to find this option.
Even when you don’t disable caller ID, you can still tell if someone has blocked you by calling them. When you call someone who has blocked you, you will hear one ring and then a busy tone. “Number busy” will also appear on the screen.
6. Share Location with the Suspected Blocker
You might also be able to tell if someone has blocked you on iMessage using the “Find My Friends” feature. Share your location with the suspected blocker and if they are not sharing their location with you, then it is very likely that they have blocked you.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted/Lost iMessages on iPhone
Losing iMessages on your device is a common occurrence, one that can happen for multiple reasons. When you lose messages that are not included in your iCloud and iTunes backup files, then the only solution would be to use a third-party data recovery tool. One of the best data recovery tools is Fucosoft iPhone Data Recovery. It is designed to help you directly recover data from iPhone/iPad even if you don’t have a backup. The following are some of the features that make it the best tool for the job:
- It can recover data directly from iPhone/iPad or extract data from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- It can recover up to 18 different file types including texts/iMessages, photos, videos, contacts, Notes, Viber and WhatsApp.
- It is very easy to use, recovery can be done in a few minutes and a few simple steps.
- It is fully compatible with the latest iOS 14 as well as iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro (Max).
Here’s how to use it to recover deleted/lost iMessages from iPhone without backup:
Step 1: Download and Install Fucosoft iMessage Recovery on to your computer. Launch the program on your computer and click on “Recover Data from iOS Devices” tab.
Step 2: Now, connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and wait for the program to detect the device. As soon as the program detects the device, click on “Next” to continue.
Step 3: In the next window, you should see a list of files on your device. Select “Message” as the type of file you would like to recover and then click “Scan” and the program will begin scanning the device for the messages you’ve lost.
Step 4: Once the scanning is complete, you should see a list of the messages on your device. Select the deleted messages you want to recover and then click “Recover to PC”.
You May Also Like:
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7