“Is it possible to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone? Bought an old iPhone X online but when I got the phone turns out the iCloud was locked and the seller told me he doesn’t remember the password. Now I cant get touch with him, what can I do to unlock the phone?”
When you have an iCloud locked iPhone, you have no choice but to unlock it to enjoy all its features and functions. For most people, the term iCloud unlocking can conjure up thoughts of a difficult process that has too many hoops to jump through and that is almost impossible. But this is not true at all. The process of unlocking an iCloud locked iPhone can be very easy, depending on the method you choose to use. In this article, we are going to look at exactly what an iCloud locked iPhone is and provide you with various ways to remove the iCloud lock from the locked iPhone. Let’s begin.
Part 1. What is an iCloud Locked iPhone?
You may know iCloud locking by its other, more popular name, Activation Lock. Apple introduced iCloud Activation Lock with iOS 7 as a way to protect iPhone from theft. This feature is enabled when you activate Find My iPhone and once it is activated, you can easily access, lock and even erase the iPhone remotely. You can also disable Find My iPhone without having to enter the Apple ID account credentials that was used to set up the iPhone. If an iPhone is iCloud locked, you will find a messages that says “Activation Lock” on its screen.
The iCloud Activation Lock feature in iOS has indeed proven to be a very effective deterrent for thieves. Someone who steals your iPhone will not have your iCloud username and password and therefore will be unable to unlock the iPhone.
Part 2. Are All iCloud Locked iPhone Stolen?
Because Activation Lock is aimed to preventing iPhone thefts, you may wonder whether all iCloud locked iPhone are stolen. While it is certainly true that some iCloud locked iPhone are stolen, but not all of them are. It is very possible for getting an iCloud locked iPhone. This can happen under several different situations including the following:
- You purchased a second-hand iPhone and the seller forgot to logout his Apple ID.
- You were given an iPhone from friend but it asks for an Apple ID or password.
- You can forget to turn off “Find My iPhone” before resetting the iPhone.
- You may also forget to sign out of iCloud before cleaning the iPhone.
- Your Apple ID could be disabled.
When you try to setup the iPhone again under these circumstances, you may run into the Activation Lock Screen which can prevent you from accessing the device. This is a problem that most people who buy an used iPhones have to deal with. Therefore when purchasing a second-hand iPhone, remember to check if Activation Lock has been disabled. If not, don’t buy it. But if you have already bought an iPhone with Activation Lock enabled, your only choice is to find a safe way to unlock the iPhone.
Part 3. How to Unlock an iCloud Locked iPhone?
The following are just some of the solutions you should try to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone:
Way 1: Ask the Seller to Remove the iCloud Activation Lock
If you purchased the iPhone from someone who forgot to logout his Apple ID, the best thing you can do is contact the seller to help you remove the Activation Lock screen. You can follow steps below if the original owner of the iPhone is near you:
- You can ask the previous owner to enter their Apple ID and password on the iPhone, thereby removing the iCloud Activation lock.
- Once they have entered their Apple ID and password, the phone should go back to the home screen. The next thing you should do is sign out of iCloud. To do that, head to Settings > iCloud (Your Name for iOS 10.3 or later) > Sign Out.
- When asked for the Apple ID and password to complete the sign out process, ask them to enter it again.
- You should then tap “Sign Out > Delete from My iPhone” for iOS 10.2 or “Turn Off” for iOS 10.3 and later.
- Once this is done, erase the iPhone by navigating to Settings > General > Reset and choosing “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Once the reset process is done, the Activation Lock will be disabled and you should be able to setup the device as new.
If on the other hand the previous owner is not near you, you can follow these simple steps to remove Activation Lock screen using iCloud:
- Ask the previous owner of the device to login into iCloud.com with their username and password (the ones they used to activate the locked iPhone).
- Click on “Find My iPhone” and then choose “All Devices”. Click on the locked iPhone from the list of devices associated with that account.
- Choose “Erase iPhone” and then tap on “Remove from Account”.
- When the iPhone has been removed from the iCloud account, you can restart the device and the Activation Lock screen will not appear.
Way 2: Ask Apple to Remove the iCloud Lock for You
If you are unable to get in touch with the previous owner of locked iPhone and you can’t get the login information for the original account, you can contact Apple support for assistance. It is however important to note that Apple Support will only help you if you can provide proof of purchase, something that most second-hand sellers will not provide. But if you have a receipt of the purchase, you can certainly contact Apple support and they will be able to unlock the iCloud locked iPhone for you.
Way 3: Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone Using Third-party Tool
If you can’t reach the original owner of the device or you don’t have proof of purchase that allows you to contact Apple Support for help, your only option is to use a third-party tool to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone. The best third-party unlocking tool to use is Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker. It is very easy to use and allows you to quickly unlock the device even if you have never used the program before. The following are just some of its most important features:
- It can quickly remove iCloud activation lock from iPhone/iPad and then you can enter another iCloud account or create a new one.
- It helps you enjoying all iCloud features and your device won’t be tracked, blocked or erased by the previous Apple ID.
- You can also easily remove the screen lock on the iPhone or iPad without knowing the password.
- It is compatible with all iPhone models and all versions of the iOS firmware including iOS 13.
- The user interface is intuitive and very easy to understand, and you don’t need to be a technician to use it.
- The tool has excellent support and how-to sections to help you if you get stuck when using the tool.
Here’s how to unlock iCloud locked iPhone without password:
Step 1: Download and install Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker on to your computer and then launch it. In the main window, click on “Unlock Apple ID” to begin the process.
Step 2: Now connect the iOS device to the computer using USB cable and then wait for the program to detect the device. You may need to unlock the iPhone and tap on “Trust” before it detects the device.
Step 3: Once the device has been detected, click on “Start to Unlock” to remove the Apple ID and iCloud account associated with the device. And one of the following will happen:
- If Find My iPhone is disabled on the device, the program will begin unlocking the device immediately
- If Find My iPhone is enabled, you will be prompted to reset all settings on the device before continuing. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to do it.
When the process is complete, the Apple ID and iCloud account will be deleted and you can create a new one or sign in with an alternative Apple ID. You can then continue using the device as yours and even set up your own activation lock to prevent losing the iPhone to theft.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 4 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2019 Review]
- 4 Workable Ways to DM on Instagram on Computer
- 10 Best Sites to Send Anonymous Text Messages in 2019
- 7 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 13/12
- [Fix]Android USB Device Not Recognized but Still Charges
- Free MP3 Music Downloads from LoudTronix
- 5 Best Android Rooting Software to Root Android Phone
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s