iPhone getting disabled or locked is really frustrating, which means that you are completely unable to access or use the device, as well as all the data on it. There are several solutions to fix a disabled/locked iPhone, and the most common way involve using iTunes to restore the device to factory settings. However, iTunes is a sophisticated tool to use and if Find My iPhone is enabled on the iPhone, it won’t work.
Is there any way to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes? Of course YES. In this article, we are going to introduce 5 possible ways to reset disabled/locked iPhone without relying on iTunes. Go through this guide and choose the solution based on your own situation.
Way 1: Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without iTunes – iPhone Unlocker
The best way to factory reset a disabled/locked iPhone without iTunes is using a third-party iPhone unlocking tool. Here we recommend Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker, which is very helpful when you’ve forgotten the passcode of your iPhone or the device has been disabled. It’s “Unlock Screen Passcode” feature can help you easily unlock and reset the disabled iPhone in just a few minutes. This tool can be used for many other occasions and following are some of its noticeable features:
- It is very easy to use and can help to reset a disabled iPhone without iTunes in a few simple clicks.
- You can use it to unlock all kinds of screen locks on iPhone/iPad, including 4-digit, 6-digit, Touch ID, Face ID, etc.
- It is able to remove Apple ID and bypass iCloud Activation lock, allowing you to enjoy all Apple ID features and iCloud services.
- Using it, you can easily unlock Restrictions and Screen Time passcode without deleting any data on the device.
- It is compatible with all iPhone models and all versions of the iOS firmware including iPhone 12/11 and iOS 14/13.
To get stared, download Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlock onto your computer and install the program, then follow these simple steps below to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes:
Step 1: Run the iPhone unlocker tool on your computer and in the main window, click on “Unlock Screen Passcode” to begin.
Step 2: Click on “Start” and connect the disabled/locked iPhone to the computer using USB cable. Click “Next” and the program will display information about the device.
You may have to put the iPhone in recovery/DFU mode if the program is unable to detect the device as soon as you connect it to the computer. Just follow the on-screen instructions to do that.
Step 3: Once the device has been detected, confirm the device information and click on “Download” to download the necessary firmware.
Step 4: Click on “Start to Unlock” as soon as the firmware download is complete and the program will immediately begin unlocking the device.
Step 5: Read the text in the next window and enter the “000000” code into the box provided before clicking “Unlock” to continue.
Keep the iPhone connected to the computer until the process is complete. Fucosoft iPhone Passcode Unlocker will let you know when the device has been unlocked successfully. If you would like to use this iPhone Unlocking tool and you think that it may be a little expensive, here is a valid 30% coupon code for you:
Way 2: Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without iTunes – iCloud
You can also factory reset a disabled or locked iPhone by restoring an iCloud backup. This process will work, but it is worth pointing out that all existing data and settings on the device will be erased and replaced by those on the iCloud backup. Therefore, you may lose some new data on the device that was not included in the backup. Here’s how to restore the iCloud backup remotely:
- On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in using the same Apple ID you use on the disabled device.
- Click on “Settings” and then select “Restore Files”. Choose the most recent backup and then click on “Restore”.
When the process is complete, you should be able to access the iPhone and set it up as new device.
Way 3: Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without iTunes – Find My iPhone
If you don’t have an iCloud backup, you can also make use of the Find My iPhone feature to unlock and reset a disabled iPhone to its factory settings remotely. In case that you lost your iPhone, it is also an ideal solution to erase the device’s contents. Follow these simple steps:
- Once again, go to iCloud.com on your computer or any other device, then sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone.
- Click on “Find iPhone” and then select “All Devices”. Select the disabled device from the list of all devices and then click on “Erase iPhone”.
All the data on the device will be deleted and the device will be reset to its factory settings.
Way 4: Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without iTunes – Siri
Another trick way to reset a disabled or locked iPhone without iTunes is taking the assistance of Siri. This method is actually a loophole in iOS and only works for devices running on iOS 8 to iOS 11. The process is a bit complicated and below is how to it:
Step 1: Press and Hold the Home button to activate Siri and then ask “What time is it?” When Siri tells you the time, a clock will appear on the screen. Tap on the clock to proceed.
Step 2: The World Clock will appear on the screen. Tap on the “+” icon at the top to add a new clock.
Step 3: In the next screen, type the name of any city and then type anything in the text field. Tap and hold the text and choose “Select All > Share”. When asked how you want to share the selected text, choose “Message”.
Step 4: You can enter just any random information in the next screen and tap on the “+”, then choose “Create New Contact”. Tap on “Add Photo” and the Photos app will open. Wait a few seconds and press the Home Button.
The disabled iPhone should now be unlocked, allowing you to reset the device from the settings. Once the device has been reset, all the data on it along with the old passcode will be removed from the device, allowing you to set up a new passcode.
Way 5: Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without iTunes – Apple Support
If all the solutions we’ve described above don’t work and you are unable to reset the disabled/locked iPhone to its factory settings, then it is time to contact Apple Support. We recommend you making an appointment at your local Apple store and get an certified Apple technician to take a look at the device. If your iPhone is not under warranty, you will have to pay to get the device fixed. But it is worth noting that the technicians at the Apple Store will figure out what’s wrong with the device and recommend the best solution.
You May Also Like:
iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted or Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud Backup.
- 5 Free Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- Top 5 Ways to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Top 7 Best 4K YouTube Video Downloader [2021 Review]
- Tenorshare 4uKey Review - Unlock iPhone/iPad without Passcode
- iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo? How to Fix
- 10 Tips to Fix iPhone X Ghost Touch Issue in iOS 14/13
- [Fix]How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
- How to Recover Data from Android with Broken Screen
- 7 Tips to Fix iMessage Not Syncing on Mac 
- Top 10 Best Camera Apps for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7